Dermal fillers are a non-surgical option to increase facial feature volume, soften creases, and treat fine lines and wrinkles. When carried out by an experienced medical professional, they are a safe, effective, and relatively simple procedure used on the face and body to quickly achieve natural-looking cosmetic results. They contain hyaluronic acid that is injected into the skin. Hyaluronic acid helps skin to retain water and supports the collagen and elastin.
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
Dermal filler treatments involve multiple small injections into the skin to administer the hyaluronic acid necessary to achieve the desired cosmetic effects. Treatment usually takes between 20 and 30 minutes, although this may vary depending on the area of treatment.
What areas can be treated with Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers can be used to treat many areas of the face including the lips, eyebrows, tear troughs, nasolabial and marionette lines.
- Lips – Dermal fillers are used to add natural-looking volume to the lips. Lip fillers help to establish a fuller looking effect and can help to replace lost volume.
- Tear Trough Fillers –Tear trough fillers can be used to remove dark shadows around the eyes and provide a volumising effect that can help give a healthy glow to an otherwise tired-looking face.
- Cheek Enhancement – Cheek fillers are an effective way to add volume to the cheeks and elevate them for a defined look. They fill out fine lines and wrinkles to create contour and definition.
- Lower Face and Jaw Contouring – Dermal fillers used in this context can help to construct a contoured jawline. Contouring focuses on sharp lines and angles for men, and gentle curves for women. A defined chin and streamlined lower face are desirable facial appearances. Dermal fillers can improve the definition, proportion, and balance of facial features.
- Eyebrow Filler – By administering a dermal filler under the eyebrow, support can be provided to create a lifting effect. This treatment can also smooth the appearance of the orbital rim, contributing to a more youthful look.
- Nasolabial Lines – Deep nasolabial lines or mouth lines that run from the nose to mouth can be addressed through injections of the dermal filler by increasing volume and creating a softening effect. The aim of nasolabial line fillers is to improve your skin volume, leaving you with a fuller, youthful look.
- Marionette Lines – Facial fillers are very effective in managing deep wrinkles such as marionette lines. Marionette lines occur at the outer corners of the mouth. Dermal filler treatment can softly roll out the wrinkles, resulting in a smoother appearance. In addition, dermal fillers can be used to volumise cheeks, replacing the reduced fat pads in that region.
Dr Elizabeth Hawkes is just lovely and absolutely amazing at what she does. I came to Dr Hawkes seeking a subtle natural look. Dr Hawkes has the eye of an artist. I am so thrilled with the results! I feel most fortunate to have discovered her. Incredibly professional and knowledgeable in her expertise and advice, I always feel I am in the safest of hands with her care and attention to detail. I highly recommend the fabulous Dr Elizabeth Hawkes. Thank you Dr Hawkes! Gráinne
Non-Surgical Anti-Ageing Treatments
April 12, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
## How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?As hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring chemical in the body, dermal fillers are eventually absorbed by the body, meaning the aesthetic changes from fillers usually last 6 to 18 months.
## When Will My Dermal Fillers Take Effect?Dermal fillers take immediate effect following injection, giving some of the fastest-acting results from any cosmetic procedure.
## Will I Require A Recover Period Post-Treatment?There is no downtime after dermal filler procedures. As with all injectable treatments, there may be slight bruising or swelling that can persist for the first 2-3 days after treatment but this will not usually inhibit the daily routine.
### Are dermal fillers safe?The FDA has approved hyaluronic acid fillers. The treatment is safe and effective when delivered by a medical practitioner, such as Miss Hawkes.
“As someone who's passionate about restoring the natural beauty of your eyes and face, I've spent over 17 years training to become a blepharoplasty specialist. I've honed my skills in both surgical and non-surgical bespoke treatments, so you can trust me to provide you with the best possible care. Let's work together to help you achieve your desired look and feel more confident in your own skin.”
Miss Elizabeth D Hawkes
Book a consultation
If you would like to book a consultation, please use the form below. We will respond within 2 working days.